|Today is Oct 14th, 2019. How much money have you saved today?|
F3 Site-wide Rules
Welcome to your new home on Fractured Frugal Friends (FFF)! We're happy that you will be joining us here and hope that you have a GREAT time here! There's just a few rules that we will need to cover before you sign up for a membership. These rules are designed to keep our family and community running smoothly.
Before we delve into the rules, the most important rules are covered first:
We are an international community, representing over 10 countries with people from all walks of life. As such, we ask that people use common sense when contributing items to the site. We ask that you not bring any moral or ethical debate to our sites, such as politics, world events and affairs, religion, and/or debates. There are other sites that are devoted to these issues and causes, we've opted to focus primarily on Education, Information and Entertainment for all things frugal.
1. Why we have these rules for FFF. - Our community is founded on respect and consideration for each other. Our forum rules keep our community very special. They keep our forums friendly and free of spam, flame mail, pornography, etc that plagues many online communities. Member opinions are welcome and we discuss many topics openly, but attacks on other members, the moderators or the administrators are not welcome here.
2. Members' Agreement to FFF Rules - By clicking on any link and/or filling out any forms to apply for membership when you sign up for an account at FFF, you are agreeing to abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you have any questions or need clarification on the rules, you can find detailed explanations of our policies in our forum. You can also ask questions in that forum or send your questions to the admins or moderators through the FFF Forums PM system, or by emailing us.
3. Action Taken Against Members Who Break the Rules - The owners and moderators of FFF have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. Our leadership team also have the ability to issue warnings against members that have violated our posted rules. Each warn will be reviewed to ensure that fair action was taken. We operate on a 3 Strike, Zero Tolerance Policy, and we will uphold this throughout the entire site. Please, do consider the fact that there is a real person reading the text that you put onto our site.
4. Disclaimer: Although the administrators and moderators of Fractured Frugal Friends will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Fractured Frugal Friends or SMF will be held responsible for the content of any message.
5. We DO NOT tolerate spam of any kind in our forums. Spam includes advertisements, pornography, or any other item written to solicit or harrass our members. Spam also includes posting your links on our site simply to drive traffic to your site. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT POSTING ADS IN OUR FORUMS, THINK AGAIN. This is completely against proper netiquette. Violators will have their membership revoked, and will not receive a refund under any circumstance, whether you cancel your account or we cancel it.
You may not use any part of this site to market your services/items except for within the designated areas, and within the designated rules for that area. The only acceptable area for promoting your business is in the "Our Own Business" forum, where you MUST be a member in good standing for a minimum of 2 months AND have no fewer than 50 contributing posts elsewhere on the forums. Posts cannot be simple one or two liners, either. BOTH of these conditions MUST be met before you will be permitted to post in Our Own Businesses. Failure to observe these rules will result in your post being edited/divulled with or without prior notice, and a warning could be placed on your account.
Very shortly, we will be developing a Classified Ads section, which will have built in restrictions to ensure that no circumvention of rules is possible. When we develop this section, we will amend rule #5 to contain updated and accurate information.
Further, you may not use our member's list to harvest email addresses and then contact those people directly for purveying your goods/services.
Our members are a very close knit bunch, and part of that closeness stems from the fact that we know each other and have had a chance to observe each other over a period of time. Trust is earned, not given. Please give us a chance to get to know you before you start promoting your home based businesses.
If you have a website, you may place a link in your forum profile and/or SIGNATURE. If you have questions about whether something is spam or an ad, please ask either MrsChak, Douglas or one of our moderators.
6. We DO NOT tolerate flame posts of any kind. Flame posts are hateful posts aimed at our members. Our community is a friendly, sharing, creative community which will not tolerate racism, sexism, or any other form of hatred or degradation. Friendly disagreement is fine, insults and degrading remarks are not. State what works for you, but don't lecture other members because their viewpoints or experiences differ from yours. Violators will have their privileges revoked and may be booted from the forums, chat room, and all members-only areas with no refund on their first flame post. Upon their second offense, violators will be immediately booted from the forums, chat room, and all members-only areas with no refund. Their ISPs will also be notified.
7. We DO NOT tolerate solicitation of any kind. FFF is not a place to recruit members for your website, business, religious or political group or anything else. It's also NOT a place to gather content for your website, article, book or thesis. This is considered solicitation- our members are not guinea pigs. If you need information or help on a project, notify the Admins via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are usually happy to help, but you must use the proper channels.
8. We DO NOT tolerate plagiarism and/or copyright infringement of FFF or FFF members: All copyrights of content, design, forum names and posts are the property of TheRealms.NetWorks!™. All copyrights of a member's posts also belong to the member who wrote them. STEALING OTHER PEOPLE'S IDEAS AND WORK ARE NOT TOLERATED HERE. If any member is found to be copying our website design, forum names and descriptions, or another member's post, their membership will be revoked. If other websites are found copying our content, design, or posts, they may be billed for copyright infringement and plagiarism, and a course of legal action may be pursued by FFF against the offending site.
9. We DO NOT tolerate plagiarism and/or copyright of other websites, authors, or artists here at FFF: Please DO NOT infringe on the copyrights of other people or websites. Cutting and pasting articles, graphics, posts, etc, from another website without permission from the author or graphic artist, is strictly prohibited. Please follow the guidelines below to make sure you're not infringing on someone's copyrights, and feel free to ask a moderator or the administrator if you need help.
10. We DO NOT tolerate harassment in any form. If your sole purpose of joining this site is to stalk or harass a fellow member, we will find out about it and cooperate fully and completely with any investigation going on. Remember, your activities here are logged in several places, and these logs are admissable into court as legal evidence. Anyone caught stalking or harassing a fellow member will immediately have their accounts suspended, access to the site denied and forfeit any and all rights to membership fees refundable. This is a rule where we have a Zero Tolerance Policy in effect.
11. We are not a mental crisis type site. While we do strive to provide moral and emotional support, we are not qualified to dispense legal, medical or mental advice and/or services. We provide moral support to our members in encouraging them to live a lifestyle that is debt free. We simply are not equipped to provide any other type of advice on a professional leve. If you need to speak to someone regarding legal, medical or mental advice, we suggest that you look in your local Yellow Pages phone book, or to utilize www.yellowpages.com or www.whitepages.com
Text/articles: Post a link to the site that has the article you'd like to share with other members. Quoting an author briefly (2-3 sentences maximum) is ok, as long as you credit the author and link to the entire article or provide information about the source (book title, publication, etc).
12. We value your privacy as well as ours. Your information will not be shared with anyone unless you choose it to be through your member profile settings. You have the choice as to whether you wish to receive email or private messages through our forums. Please also value the privacy of other members as well. We are all here to help each other, learn and share together. Your information will also never be sold to another website, business, etc.
13. Have fun, share and learn. That's what FFF is all about! We're all here to have a great time sharing our common interests and learning new things together. It's unfortunate that we have to list the rules above, but our community is growing so large that we must protect our members from spam, flames, and solicitation. Please enjoy yourself in our forums!
1. The views expressed on FFF do not necessarily reflect the views of Fractured.net.
2. Fractured.net cannot be held responsible for problems, accidents or other things that result from using the advice in our forums or community. In a nutshell, please use common sense and safety procedures before trying anything suggested on FFF. Don't sue us for burning your tongue on sticky chicken (because you were dying to try it before it cooled off) and other silly stuff like that!
3. We make no warranty about our uptime. We make no guarantee that this website will be available 100% of the time. Just as with any other computer, we're governed by the same basic principles as you are: Power Outtages, Server Maintenance, Server Upgrades, Hardware Failure, etc. We will do everything we reasonably can to ensure that any downtime is minimal. We cannot, however, guarantee that nothing will happen. If it can happen, it eventually will.
Reminder: It's a member's responsibility to know and abide by the FFF Membership/Forums rules. By clicking on any link, making payment and filling out the Membership Application form, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. If it's not covered here, it's covered under Questions. If it's not covered there either, let us know, we'll make SURE it's covered!
This section was last updated on 2005-Dec-7.